javascript:void(0) busy that day...: friday favorites.

it's not me, it's you.

Friday, March 25, 2011

friday favorites.

Today's Friday Favorites will be short and sweet, mainly for the fact that I'm in the middle of a 12 hour work day that ends at midnight.  My students love to over-program the end of the semester, so the next six weeks are pretty jam packed!


  • Tungle - My aforementioned jam packed April-May schedule has me pulling my hair out some days.  Since I work in an office that focuses on student programs and events, I'm often not sitting at my desk, waiting for someone to walk in and ask me a question.  This can be frustrating to students, so I try to communicate my availability as well as possible.  Tungle has been a great addition to our office's scheduling structure-- it automatically updates from my Google and Outlook calendars and shows students when I'm available.  It even lets them propose meeting times when I'm free.  Accounts are free and easy to use!
  • Football Fanatics - Don't let the name fool you-- this online store has TONS of great NCAA, NFL, MLB and NHL merchandise.  I've ordered from them several times (including the spiffy new VCU shirt I'm sporting today) and the 3-day shipping for $4.99 has been a lifesaver.  The best part is that the $4.99 shipping is a flat rate-- you can order as many things as you want and just pay $4.99 for the entire order's shipping!

Ok, with that, I'm off.  Grabbing some dinner before setting up for tonight's madness.  Think good thoughts as I try to stay awake until mindight!

1 comment:

  1. I was awake till midnight for a chance, and then it was so hard to go to sleep because we had gotten soooo excited during the game. The last minute was so freakin' nerve wracking. I don't know when I actually finally fell asleep!

    ReplyDelete