javascript:void(0) busy that day...: crafty for a cause.

it's not me, it's you.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

crafty for a cause.

I am a terrible arts and crafts person.  I am a perfectionist in most parts of my life, but crafts are an area where I just do not have the patience.  I was always jealous growing up of my mother and sister (Pam at The Finder's Keeper), who both have amazing artistic talents... the furthest mine ever went was the occasional watercolor painting or doodle.  Artistry around me seems to abound-- my best friend, Meena Khalili Clifford, is also an amazingly talented illustrator and designer, to the point that she's already a professor in the field at age 29, and my friend Ellen is well-known around these parts for her Crafturday parties!

Anyway, I was approached at work today about a really cool project to help raise funds for Japan in the wake of the earthquake and tsunami.  Students Rebuild and Architecture for Humanity are sponsoring a paper crane project; every paper crane you make and send to them will result in a $2 donation to rebuilding the nation.

If you are crafty and/or possess paper folding skills, please consider contributing.  And if you do contribute, please fold a crane or two for me... for dear readers, I do not joke when I say my crafting skills are poor.


You see... my boss, Katie, and I attempted paper peace cranes last year.  You will notice neither is peaceful, nor a crane.  Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Crafturday! I need to do that! Artists need great friends who are writers around them so you fit in perfect!

    ReplyDelete