javascript:void(0) busy that day...: the blog is back in town.

it's not me, it's you.

Friday, April 29, 2011

the blog is back in town.

April is finally starting to come to a close, and with it, the majority of our largest events on campus are finishing up.  I have to say, while April is always stressful here, having two energized, motivated and team-oriented staff members made it feel like a breeze in comparison to years past.

Just as we descend the peak at work, the summer social scene starts to heat up for me and J.  Here's what we've got to look forward to in the next two months, so far:
  • May 1: Sunday BBQ with friends
  • May 7: Jeremy's Godson's First Communion
  • May 8: Baseball game @ US Cellular Field
  • May 12-16: Erin home to Virginia, Jeremy to Reno for USBC
  • May 19: White Sox game (staff outing with our beaus!)
  • May 20: J gets his wisdom teeth removed
  • May 24: Cubs game
  • June 18: Wedding
  • June 19: Cubs game (vs Yankees!)
I think that leaves us 2 or 3 weekends unscheduled right now, but I also know there will be a birthday party thrown in there somewhere, as well as some family time with J's dad.  I also can't forget to mention that J's football season starts up at the end of June, thereby sucking away every Saturday from our time together.  Practice is already going on every Tuesday and Thursday, as well as bowling on Fridays.  That means we see each other twice a week and on weekends.  If we didn't live together, I'm not really sure when we'd get together anymore!

Any tips for balancing busy couples schedules?  I try not to get upset over our reduced time together, but the truth is that it's hard to go from seeing each other all the time to 4 times a week.  Add into that the fact that we are both often stressed out, cranky or just plain tired when we are home together, and it can seem like forever some months before we have a really good day together.  How do you squeeze the most out of your time together to make it more meaningful?


2 comments:

  1. Sad face! I am going to NYC while you are in VA. But I guess that means whenever you visit Richmond Meena will have you all to herself, which she will like.

    Good luck finding that balance. You'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I plan on being back in the summer, don't fret. I typically don't even make it to Richmond on my short trips home, anyway. This time, I might not even be in VA for more than one night, as my family might throw together a quick trip to the Outer Banks!

    ReplyDelete