javascript:void(0) busy that day...: agony of defeat.

it's not me, it's you.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

agony of defeat.

VCU's run in the NCAA tournament came to an abrupt ending on Saturday night.  After playing some extremely impressive basketball over the last few weeks, the Butler game was a complete meltdown.  Whether due to fatigue, biased refs or simple bad luck, the road ended.

The Final Four party was a success-- about 20 Chicagoland VCU alumni showed up, and about 8 of my friends.  Everyone enjoyed snacks, pizza and the drink special.  I even got to see one of my favorite people from my time working in the Student Commons at VCU, what a treat!

Opening Day at Wrigley Field was also Friday.  This marks my third year of attending the home opener (obviously, a Jeremy-driven activity!), and the weather was typical-- cold and rainy!  Temperatures in the 40s all day with a steady drizzle.  Adding to the dreary mood was the fact that Jeremy wasn't feeling well and the Cubs lost.  Booooo!

The rest of our weekend was consumed with sleeping and laundry.  We slept for 11 hours on Saturday night-- which felt amazing!  I wish I had that chance more often, especially in preparation for the next few weeks at work.

Speaking of, I'm completely overwhelmed right now.  April is always our busiest time, and this year seems even more stressful than ever.  I'm trying to take it one day at a time, but that's hard when every day is jam-packed, including the weekends!  After the end of April, though, things significantly calm down.  I'm soooo looking forward to that day.

Jeremy has football practice tonight, so I will be home alone.  I really struggle to be alone sometimes-- not that it isn't relaxing, but I'm just so bored by myself!  I'm also an extremely light sleeper, so I tend to stay up until J gets home, which is sometimes almost midnight.  It's a vicious cycle-- I look forward to him coming home, and then I get mad that I'm up late and am subsequently tired and cranky the next day.  It is a good exercise for me, though, because I do need to understand everything doesn't work around my schedule all the time.  I also am admittedly jealous that J has hobbies and friends here in Chicago, something I lack.  It's hard to have a partner who lives in their hometown-- all his close friends and family are always nearby, but mine are 1000 miles away.  I look forward to the day when we are on more even territory!

1 comment:

  1. I was sorry to see you guys lose!

    I think we are opposites about being alone. Most evenings, Matt and I spend time together from when we get home until after dinner, then do our own thing! I'm also a light sleeper, so I almost always go to bed first, so I can be asleep by the time he gets to bed. That's funny!

    ReplyDelete