javascript:void(0) busy that day...: really busy that day.

it's not me, it's you.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

really busy that day.

I think there comes a time in every blog's life where they get tossed aside, forgotten and bypassed for shinier, prettier or more pressing things.  It seems the last 3 months have been this blog's such dormant period.  My apologies-- we've had a bit of a wild ride.

J lost his job at the end of August, the result of an incident with his supervisor that was turned into a scapegoat for company financial mismanagement.  We've been jerked around since then with unemployment.  We were lucky to have the benefit for about six fulls weeks until losing an appeal filed by his former employer two weeks ago.  We are now engaged in litigation, which is exactly the sort of thing you DON'T have money for when you're a one-income family.

It's been an experience, though... on one hand, I have my hilarious, loving boyfriend back, and I cherish that more than anything.  On the other, we are struggling financially, and it is starting to take a toll on me.  I never imagined being the sole provider for our family, and quite honestly, make just enough money to pay the bills and have a little left over for the month.  The bright side of all of this is that we are ok-- we can't live as comfortably as we once did, but we have a place to live, clothes to wear and food to eat.  Others aren't as fortunate, and I am especially cognizant of that at this time of year.  It also gives us a great opportunity to re-evaluate where we are-- J never got to finish college and it looks like this is the perfect time for him to pick back up and get his degree.  As a strong believer in higher education (and an employee of a university), I couldn't be more thrilled for him.

That's the update on our personal struggle for now.  Updates to follow soon regarding our recent trips to Virginia and the Bahamas, my own work-related stress and our plans for the holidays.  Welcome back, readers!

3 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you for your positive attitude about this! That has to be hard. I hope it everything works out with the litigation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with you sista. Glad you are writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about the job loss but it seems like things are still going in a good direction for you guys. Keep up updated!

    ReplyDelete