javascript:void(0) busy that day...: and the winner is...

it's not me, it's you.

Monday, October 25, 2010

and the winner is...



Beautiful, exotic... MINNEAPOLIS!




That's right, folks-- we are spending this coming Saturday through Monday in the Land of 10,000 Lakes!  We chose Minneapolis for a few reasons, some of which include the fact that I've never been there, it's within driving distance, and the Blackhawks are playing the Wild on Saturday night.  This means I'll be going to my first ever NHL game... or really, my first ever ice hockey game of any type!

I'm pretty excited, because some of the best times J and I have with each other are when we travel.  We get to relax, be ourselves and let go of our every day stresses in a way that allows us to fully enjoy each other and our time together.  Celebrating two years together will make this road trip even sweeter!  We're also able to do it on the VERY cheap due to my bargain hunting skills and some saved up hotel credits.  We don't have a lot of money right now, but devoting the $250 or so we'd spend on gifts and dinner towards a short trip seemed like the right choice!

If any of my faithful readers have ever been to Minneapolis/St. Paul, do you have any recommendations?  We've read about the Juicy Lucy burger, are planning to see the Mall of America and hopefully the Northern Vineyards Winery.  Any food or sight tips?  I'd love to squeeze in the Minneapolis Institute of Art on Sunday, since they're closed Monday!  I'm also pretty excited that we'll be able to stop at Sonic on the way up, and Sobelman's in Milwaukee on the way back.  That's right-- food choice helped dictate our path of travel!

Besides that, it was a pretty great weekend around our house.  We ran errands on Saturday, then spend the rest of the weekend being lazy and enjoying a free weekend.  I also was quite the chef, taking advantage of having actual time and ingredients at home to make great meals from!  I whipped up two of J's favorite: my homemade knockoff of Panera's chicken salad and the Pioneer Woman's AMAZING drip beef.  I also threw together a loaf of my favorite simple banana bread, made even more delicious with the addition of walnuts and dark chocolate chips... mmmm, so good!

xoxo,
e

1 comment:

  1. Have fun in Minney! I visited there for a couple days but we didn't have much time to do anything. I do have a couple friends there though, and they love it. I know there are a few fun neighborhoods worth visiting. If I can get a hold of my friend, I'll let you know! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete